Sunday, October 30, 2005

19:22 Still A Mystery

I'm not sure exactly when it all started but I have become one of those people. You know them, the ones who just keep buying stuff in case one day they might need it. Today, I became a card carrying member. My realization didn't come after looking at the 3 boxes in my closet filled with stuff from Ikea and Pier 1. Nor did it come from opening the boxes and looking at the black dishes that I think would go well with the square set of glasses that go very well with the 4 piece mirror that goes exceptionally well with the 3 grey lamps. No, it came when I found a picture frame that I had no idea existed. It was here all along, in my hall closet, amongst all the coats and shoes I wear often. It sat there in the bag, un-used, un-loved, un-know for ages. I, like any puzzled owner of such items, searched the bag for clues as to when and for what I would have bought such an item. At last! The receipt! Surely that would shed some light on this mystery! My clues are as follows:
Store ~ Home Sense
Date ~ April 07, 2005
Time ~ 19:22
Price ~ $13.00
Paid ~ Debit

{Insert crickets here}

I got nothing. Well, not nothing, a pink suede picture frame. I won't feel badly I'm sure even Sherlock would have trouble with this one. I wonder if we'll have weekly meetings.......

No comments: