Monday, October 31, 2005

So Sad, So Sad

I am saddened by what I heard on the radio tonight. While I was minding my own business, bopping along to the local radio station, a good radio station at that, a really good song came on. The song: Nothing Else Matters. The Artist: Metallica, normally. Oh kiddies, oh kids, I heard Metallica and Bif Naked sing the same song!, only they were spliced together in what I can only assume was supposed to be seamlessly. It wasn't, and it was horrible, and I really do mean horrible. It wasn't even the fact that she covered the song, I could handle that. I like covers as much as the next guy. And it wasn't the fact that it was spliced together, nor was it because Bif Naked's version was acoustic, but... But it was when she ad-libbed a chorus during Kirk's guitar rif. I know what some would think, "So what!?" Oh buddy, you obviously don't know how hard it is to play an intricate solo like that and make it seem effortless.

No comments: