Saturday, October 22, 2005

Retirony

Bewitched, The Dukes of Hazard, Wedding Crashers, Alfie. Que the music! "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong. Can you tell me which thing is not like the other by the time I finish this song." BUZZ!
The correct answer is Wedding Crashers. Now that was a good movie. The others were not. Not only were they not good, they were double not good. What the hell is going on in Hollywood? When did this all begin? All this remaking old movies and tv shows. These movie producers need to be visited by a little friend I like to call originality. He's small, orange and is often accompanied by a small gremlin. Well maybe gremlin is not the right word, maybe hob-goblin?
Yesterday I went shopping to find a hat. Do you know how hard it is to find a simple olive green Fidel hat? WEM must have 30 stores having such items and I couldn't find one without a "vintage"tear, yellow stitching, or Nike "swish." Is it a swish or a swooch? I just don't know anymore. Also, how is ADIDAS and UMBRO supposed to be pronounced? I say Ah-dee-das and oom-bro, like I was taught to speak in europe. However, canadians love to correct me. Open your mind Canada, accept me for who I am and know me better man! I just wanna belong! Oh why won't you let me belong?!?

No comments: