Saturday, August 06, 2005

What a Question!

Today I filled up my car at 7/11. Sadly 34 dollars later as I was walking out of the store I noticed that the doors had locks on them. Isn't it kinda weird that a store that's open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 356 days a year, has locks on the doors? I do, when would they ever use them? Well, I guess if some horrible thing like tornado or judgment Day were to arise, but would they, after not being used for 10+ years, would they actually work? I thought about it on the way home. I don't think that the locks would work, eventually the metal would like degrade or rust or whatever. I can't imagine I'm the only person who's thought of this. I'm gonna google my question about 7/11 and see what pops up. I looked up strange theories earlier and weird words. Let me warn you of 2 things: 1. many weird and strange people now have websites and 2. I've learned a few new words. My favorite; ombre. I've heard this word used in many, I mean many ,western movies but as it turns out, it actually "A once-fashionable card game" Not at all meaning buddy or hommie or whatever. I'm shocked and a little more learned.

While I sit here listening to 'Standing in the Rain' by Billy Talent, I've just thought of something. If you were kidnapped as a child and one day while eating your cereal, you glance over and on the milk carton see your mug smiling back at you. Would you (assuming there was a reward offered, and there often is), would you get the reward money. You've found the kid on the carton, does it really matter if you were that kid? If it's your parents offering the reward I think they'd keep it, or maybe bargain with you. I dunno. But I guess criminals don't get to keep thier reward money when they turn themselves in. But the kids didn't leave by thier own accord, they kinda found themselves or whatever. This is hard...

No comments: