Saturday, August 13, 2005

Yo Ho Ho Fo Schizzle


OK, here it is. I'm not a kid anymore. I get that. I understand that once you hit a certain age, it is no longer acceptable to do certain childish things. But would someone please clue in the 30 year old guy who sat beside me in the theatre tonight? Cause he can't seem to work this one out. Not only did he and his buddies yell out stupid things like 'boobies!' and 'FUBAR!' and endlessly get up walk to the door and then stroll back but at one point, I believe it was the start of the adverts, he pours half a 24 of Capt. Morgan into his soda. Great, not only do I have a 30 year old child sitting 1 seat away, but now I get to smell Yo Ho Ho rum and soda. Sidebar, the phrase FUBAR was cool for like 30 days back in '98.

4 Brothers was excellent by the way, and Andre 3000 did a bang up job. And the guy from the Molson Canadian beer commercial was in the movie. You know the guy with the dreads who says 'Your the lead singer of a band, but whatever you do, DON'T SING! Come on!' Ya, him. Marky Mark kicked the crunk out of some baddies. The saddest part of the evening was the opening adverts. Get Rich or Die Tryin' is a great record, but a movie? NO!!!!! Oh yes kiddies, you heard me right. Fiddy or '50 Cent' is in a movie. The jist: he lives a hard life and rap battles help him through it. I can't be 100% but I'm sure this has been done before. Oh! Yes! It has! About 3 years ago, it's called '8 Mile.' I'm pretty sure his mentor Eminem starred in it. Oh maybe Fiddy hasn't gotten around to watching it. Won't he feel silly when he realizes! Or maybe he is cool with recycling old stuff and putting a new face in there. I seem to remember Dre doing the same thing with a guy who loves crunk and says 'Fo Schizzle!' a lot. It's like Dre keeps producing the same songs over and over. Dre we get it. NWA, Compton, Biggie/Pac yeah yeah yeah.

What a good movie! It's right up there with Snatch. Later

No comments: