Monday, January 23, 2006

Boo-urns! Boo-urns!

Tories? Crap. That's all I'm going to say about the new war loving, homophobic, nosey, and terribly redundant government you've elected Canada. That's all I'm going to say because I didn't vote. Why didn't I vote? Because I could careless about who was elected, we're screwded Canada, we're totally screwed no matter who we voted in, also, I was at IKEA buying a book shelf and a tv stand I didn't really need. I also went to The Mongolie Grill on Jasper Ave, it was good, but more importantly, I convinced Desert Fox to buy a motorcycle, now I can get a discount when I buy 2 bikes. Nice. I was watching a re-run of Fallout Boy on Much On Demand. I don't understand the condition that's effecting celebrities. It's like they can't answer the question asked of them. They start to answer it, get distracted by a flashing light and totally go off topic. Why is it that people in this country can't speak? Have you ever listened to a famous personality speak? If yes, then you know that you can't understand what it is they are trying to say. It is all crap. The guy that runs the local convenience store, whom has only been in the country for four years mind you, can speak better broken English than they can. Hockey and Baseball players are the same, George Laroque said this after playing last week, "We gave one hundred percent, you know. We are just trying to like get back in the the swing of things you know. Like injuries are a part of hockey so you know we just tried to like stay healthy."

--------------------Insert Crickets Here-------------------------------

What the hell did he just say? Didn't this professional hockey player receive four years of college? Now I'm not the most educated person ever, I never took a college English or Speech class but, I'm pretty sure that the words "you know" and "like" should not predicate every four words in a sentence. It used to be only youngin's that spoke like that but, now everyone is doing it. I'm not sure but I think it started with the valleygirl speak: "I was like at the mall you know." Professional athletes then became infected and now even CEO's of companies have been infected with the disease. This nauseating practice has now spread throughout the entire country.It is absolutely frustrating listening to these people talk. They are everywhere. At work, on the television, on the radio, they permeate every facet of our lives. Why can't they put their thoughts into words? And for that matter, why do these pretentious a-holes think that I should know what they are trying to say? I wanna tell them "you are talking to me, how should I know what you are talking about?" Personally I blame a certain music television station for the wide spread symptoms of this disease. It I was more computer savvy I would include a clip that I heard on muchmusic so you could see what I mean. If it is so wide spread then how do we fix it? First, start with a grass roots campaign. If someone is talking to you in dumbass speak then tell them to stop and start over with complete thoughts this time. It will open their eyes to a problem that they did not know that they had, they will be forever grateful for it. Once they realize the absent minded habit that they have, they will start to notice others and correct them. It's like a circle of life. Now go forth and make Canada a better place for me to live.

No comments: