Monday, January 30, 2006

Say it With Me, Warrant

I find it terribly hard to fake interest in someone else's kid. I don't think babies are all that cute. In fact, most babies look like those dolls, all the same. Even with family member's baby, even when I know both parents, I don't see that he has his dad's nose or his mum's eyes. And no, even if you point and tell me to look strait at her or on an angle, really really close or even standing on my bloody head, I don't see that she has her brother's attitude or demeanor. I just don't see it. Maybe the parents are just projecting themselves on this poor child, if she was adopted would you still say she has her dad's chin, no I really don't think so. When I look at my baby pictures I know it's me I'm looking at, not just because I have seen them a million times when my mum wants me to look at what she's looking at, not because I look like my mum or have my mum's eye colour or even my nose that is the same as my sister's only not as long, it's because I have a scar. Yes, I am like Scar from The Lion King, I have a scar that I got 1 minute before I was born, the one that the police have on file thanks to some child-find the school subjected me and other would be criminals to. And I know it wasn't just for child-find, it was to create a database of underage offenders that grow up to be adult criminals. If I only had known the word warrant when I was 7, if only.

No comments: