Sunday, December 04, 2005

All I want For X-mas...

Why oh why do I get asked this every year? Because I'm selfish and buy everything I want leaving nothing for my family and friends to consider buying me before deciding on something not even closely resembling anything on the list. It was easy as a kid, scroll through the wish book, land on the Barbie pages and start writing. Well, it's no longer acceptable to play with a Barbie at my age so I'm forced to look at her through the original packaging, just standing there, wondering why she's not loved enough to be taken out of her plastic and cardboard upright coffin.

I made a wicked X-mas CD today. Oh btw, I'm saying X-mas for now on, it just takes up too much of a conversation. Like I already use such long words, I'd just confuse my convo partner if I threw in the other X-mas word. Crazy? I think not. So my verdict for Best Holiday Tune 2005? All I Want for Christmas (this doesn't count because it's a proper name for a song title, jeeze, you tried to confubble me, ha!) by My Chemical Romance. Good tune, 2 opposable thumbs up. Best Hippie Holiday Tune? And So This is Christmas by John Lennon. Best Vintage Holiday Tune? Do They Know it's Christmas Time? by Band Aid circa 1984, I think I was turning 1, but that's why they call it vintage. I'm not a huge fan of the made to look vintage jeans, and I even joshed a friend of mine. I was recently reminded of my dislike of fake vintage and that I'd bought a hat, a shirt and jeans that were purposely distressed. So here it is B-Rad, you'll hear this only once, I was wrong to josh you for a style that I subconsciously bought myself. There, I feel better and a little more tolerant of emerging and outrageous fashion trends.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Would you play with a Barbie if it were acceptable???